With the end of 2016 fast approaching, we wanted to wish you all a wonderful festive season, cosy winter, and best wishes for 2017.
To celebrate the season and this year together, come along to our final Sunday drop-in of the year this weekend (Sunday 18th December).
We will be there from 11 – 4pm, with a food and drinks and a bonfire between 2 and 4pm. All welcome!, just drop-in at any point.
At this event we will also be launching the opening of our new ‘Super Shelter’ that has been built on site at the Wednesday drop-in over the past few months. This is the beginning of our Outdoor Kitchen and eating area, and the result of lots of hardwork by all the volunteers. Come along to see it and try it out yourself!
We’d also like to announce our newly revamped website. Please check it out if you haven’t for a while: www.bridgendfarmhouse.org.uk
All comments, ideas or content you have please let us know.
Finally, a big BIG thanks to everyone for all your continued support, participation and enthusiasm this year.
2016 has been a great year for BIG and the Bridgend Farmhouse Renovation. Lots of progress has been made moving towards the renovation, including;
- Completing the transfer of the land into community ownership!
- The Sunday drop-in continuing throughout the year with a range range of workshops and work done, and we’ve now added a weekly Wednesday drop-in too.
- Running a whole range of local outreach projects and activities including; Cafe/Cooking groups; Forest Skills sessions; Natural Cosmetics Group; Bench-building; Foraging sessions; Wood-working; Garden Sculpture; Wood-carving; Stone-Wall Restoration.
- Running a series of community events on site, including; A summer BBQ; Bio-Blitz with the RSPB as part of the Power of Food Festival; A Disability Audit of Craigmillar Castle Park; and a Bonfire night.
- Working with SEDABuild to begin the Bridgend eco-bothy community build..which will kick off again in Spring 2017.
We are looking forward to a very exciting 2017 at Bridgend Farmhouse, and hope to see you all down there at some point.
All the best,
The BIG committee