We are approaching a significant milestone in the regeneration of Craigmillar Town Centre with major construction work due to start onsite off Niddrie Mains Road.
This will mean that a number of temporary access restrictions to surrounding roads and footpaths will be put in place over the next few months.
Key access information:
• Harewood Drive will be closed to all vehicles from 29 February 2016 and will not reopen for safety reasons until work has been completed in the autumn of 2016.
• Wauchope Avenue, Wauchope Crescent and Lower Niddrie Mains Road (in this area) will be closed permanently to form an access to the new Retail Centre.
• With the closure of Harewood Drive, a temporary footpath will be installed from Niddrie Mains Road through the temporary greening area by April 2016 for residents to continue to access Niddrie Mains Drive and the surrounding footpaths.
• Temporary traffic lights will also be in operation on Niddrie Mains Road during part of this period and signage will be in place for vehicles and pedestrians.
• Construction vehicles accessing and exiting the development sites will be required to follow the traffic management plan.
You can find out more information on our website here: http://edigroup.co.uk/projects/current-projects